0

Viva Blackpool!

Posted by Beth on 11:03 PM in ,
I have wanted to go to Blackpool for a long time. It's got a reputation as being rather kitschy, but it was a lot of fun!! We stopped here for a night on our way to Liverpool. It was well worth it! The only complaint was the freaking wind. It never stopped blowing. I had to stop caring that my hair was a tangled mess the entire time.


On our way to Blackpool. It still looks a bit weird
seeing cars on the other side of the road like that!


This is our hotel. I enjoyed it. Oddly, we were the youngest
people there. I think all the other guests were 65 and older.
I'm not kidding.


The train! The train!


View of the famous Blackpool Tower. You can see
how strong the wind was by the peaks of the waves.


Freezing on the boardwalk!


View of the shore and promenade


We caught a beautiful sunset over the water.


One of the piers


2p slots! You put in your money and a metal bar at the
back rakes the money forward. The idea is to get the change to the
edge in front so it falls down into the winner slot thingy!


Pleasure Beach is what Blackpool is all about! It's basically
an amusement park. It was very amusing (despite the wind)!


Inside the scary ghost ride.


Go carts!! This was my first time. I loved it!!


It's hard to tell, but this is a ride. You get brought up into the air.
Each arm of the "palm tree" rotates as well! It was actually
a really beautiful view of the sea and the city from up there! :)


I couldn't resist... I got my palm read!! It was fun! She talked so fast though that I had a hard time remembering it all. She did mention that the next 3 years will be lucky and that September 14th is going to be an important date. Oh, and I'm going to have some tummy troubles that I see a doctor about, but it won't be anything serious and I'll be fine!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 A Colonist in London All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.