0

Soho and Hyde Park

Posted by Beth on 10:19 AM in
The day started out as usual- meeting for lunch. This time we ate in Soho Square! I'd forgotten that this is where Paul's mpl company offices are!! He could have been right there.. watching us eat! Haha!


Soho Square during a brief period of sunshine

At the market I went to in Piccadilly last week, there was a tea vendor from whom I bought some raspberry vanilla tea (I think I mentioned it). Well, the guy told me there was a proper Yumchaa shop and here is one of them! It's right around the corner from Soho Square! I went in and got some take away hot tea and 2 bags of loose tea- A Walk in the Woods (berries and black tea) and Berry Berry Good (berries and red tea). Tea makes me so happy! :)


Post box with Edward VII insignia
As I was wandering around Oxford Street after lunch, I came upon this post box. I've learned to always look! You never know! I was pretty excited to see this one labeled with Edward VII. There were several others in the same area in fact.

Not sure what happened here. I hope the guy's okay! At least people
stopped to help him.


Selfridges (department store) is celebrating their 100 year anniversary of
business. They've decorated their Oxford Street store windows in the
style of different original store front windows. The only difference is they are
using modern products. Looks pretty cool nonetheless.

Why does the mannequin have a bag over its head??

View of Oxford Street

I reached the Marble Arch (huge arch in the middle of the road) and Hyde Park after much pavement navigation. It had turned cooler and cloudier by this point of course. I crossed over and sat for a little bit. Then I crossed the park and headed for the tube. I had planned on going to Kensington Palace (opposite corner of the park) but it closes at 4:30 and it was already 3:30 by this point. It would not have been worth spending £14 to get in for an hour.


Serpentine with ducks


Flower bed in bloom! I wonder what the blue flowers to the left are!

Close up of roses

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 A Colonist in London All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.