0

It's Hockey Night tonight!!

Posted by Beth on 10:07 AM in ,
Today was another good day for walking. It was much cooler than the previous days. After lunch, I walked through Green Park working my way up to Piccadilly, Regent Street, Savile Row, Oxford Street, Leicester Square and finally Covent Garden. I did a bit of shopping at a small, hidden outdoor market I came across on Piccadilly Road and I also went to Hoomv (HMV) and got a few CDs on sale!


Green Park


More Green Park


A small shopping arcade I passed on Piccadilly.


Beatle fans will recognize this street name!


Door at Number 3 Savile Row. This building held the Apple offices and even
recording studios in the late 60s. It is best known as the locale of the famous
roof top concert performed at lunchtime on Jan. 30, 1969. It was the last live
performance of the Beatles as a group.


View of the roof at 3 Savile Row.


Just a cool theatre sign I came across on my way to Leicester Square.

After a lot of walking and a little bit of shopping (I even stopped into the Apple Store on Regent Street to borrow their free wifi! In fact, that place is like a free internet cafe. They have rows of macs set up with internet and don't mind if you use them for personal use!), I ended up on a bench in Leicester Square. I ended up talking to two teen aged boys sitting next to me. One was 15 and in school, the other was a university student just completing his first year at uni. We chatted about some cool places to go in London (he's from East Anglia) and differences in schools between the countries. It was very nice! Afterwards, I made my way over near Covent Garden to the Canadian bar I'd discovered on Monday. They had game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals playing at 6!!! I got there early so I could get a good seat. I even talked Stuart into joining me to watch the game! It was great fun, though a bit surreal, to be watching hockey here in London! At least the Pens won!!


The Maple Leaf


Pittsburgh vs. Detroit in game 3- score is 2-2 near the end of the 1st. They won the
game 3-2 with their last goal near the end of the third period. I was half
expecting to see some overtime.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 A Colonist in London All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.